? ??????????????Spidy? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.5 (8 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 528 Total Grabs. ??????Get t
he Code?? ?? ?????Wall E? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.4 (14 Ratings)??1 Grab Today. 796 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Shop Til I Drop? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 3.5 (2 Rati BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, December 24, 2010

It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you...Male Edition

Well life has certainly changed for me. I stopped traveling on the path to be come a medical doctor, and I am now in grad school for Ethnomusicology, or the anthropology of music. Well it has been a long time, and I think it is time to share some of the albums and artists that I love, learned of, and got reacquainted with.

First, the most forgotten soul legend of all:Mr. Donny Hathaway

This man here sang the most beautiful songs about love and relationships. My favorites are For All We Know and I'll Love You More Than You'll Ever Know. (Though I'm sure Nina Simone did For All We Know first) (Admittedly, I like the album version of I'll love you more than you'll ever know, but the live version is really, really good too).

Second, this person I have made it no secret of how much I love his voice:
Mr. Raheem DeVaughn

I love the tracks Garden of Love and B.O.B. Like seriously, I'm in love with them.


Thirdly, this gentleman is one of the sexist men in the industry, and has a beautiful voice, yet is still mostly non-mainstream (I just don't get it). I mean, he's no Maxwell, who somehow manages to cross and capture people of different races, genders, and backgrounds (though he does have his share of other fans),but he certainly, beyond doubt, holds his own, in his own way.Mr. Eric Benet
This gentleman, without a doubt, is vocally talented. However, we really didn't know just how much he was talented (and that is saying a lot because the man can flat out sing) until his release of Sometimes I Cry. What he was feeling, you felt in this song. The man actually transferred his emotions to his listeners, which is a superpower few crooners possess.

That's it for now.

Peace and blessings,
Bumble

0 comments: